Hey, I'm Louis, thanks for visiting my website!
I'm the author of Bootstrapping Machine Learning, the first guide to Predictive APIs, and a co-founder of PAPIs.io, the world's first conference on Predictive APIs and Predictive Apps. My goal is to help people use new machine learning technologies to make their apps and businesses smarter. I do this by writing, speaking and teaching.
I use my blog to share my knowledge and my experiences. My most popular articles are:
- Building a business around machine learning APIs
- When machine learning fails
- How to predict abstention rates with open data, and Going to Silicon Valley? Plan carefully. I use this other blog for guest posts, including the Everyone can do data science series by Fabien Durand.
I've also guest-posted on these sites:
- GigaOM (The goal of data scientists is to put themselves out of business)
- Kissmetrics (How to improve your subscription-based business by predicting churn)
- ProgrammableWeb (6 questions you should ask about Prediction APIs)
- RudeBaguette (How connected objects are predicting your next move).
Check out the Machine Learning Starter Kit for a selection of my best content to download and read offline (plus an IPython notebook for the coders out there)!
Here is a selection of places where I've given talks:
- Conferences: APIcon UK, Bdx.io, Pycon France
- Workshops: Telefonica, ICML, NIPS, University College London, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Meetups: Paris Hackers, Paris Machine Learning, BordeauxJS, HumanTalks (video in French), Datanight.
Get in touch if you'd like me to speak at your event or in your webinar!
30-day email course: delivered by email in bite-sized pieces, this course is designed to give you a practical overview of Machine Learning and of the key things to know. Get it with my free Machine Learning Starter Kit!
Online workshop: this course takes place with up to 10 people on a Google Hangouts session where I demonstrate live the key points covered in Bootstrapping Machine Learning and where attendees can ask me questions.
Machine Learning Bootcamp: in continuation of my book, I have also created a 3-day technical course for those interested in programmatic Machine Learning and in creating predictive apps.
Machine Learning for Business I provide a customizable course for non-technical people who want to understand what Machine Learning can bring to their business and how.
Get in touch for more information and to book a course!
More about me
I'm a partner at Codole, a consultancy that specializes in innovation management, data science, and web apps.
In the past few years, I have bootstrapped new technologies in three innovative web applications. I served as Chief Science Officer and then Product Manager at Concept Immo Global, where I was in charge of starting a Research & Development program and turning it into a product. I also co-founded eAuteur, the first fully automated copyright protection service (based on trusted digital time-stamping).
In the academic world, I organized the "Exploration vs Exploitation" challenge and the associated workshop on website optimization at the International Conference on Machine Learning in 2011. I did a PhD in Machine Learning at University College London under the supervision of Prof. John Shawe-Taylor.
See more on my LinkedIn.